Friday 1 January 2010

Suggestions - Or a better way to do things...

I figure while I am here trying to get to sleep, and thinking about all those people in the streets breaking the law, and all those cops inside staying warm, something came to me.

I have noticed these ads on TV and its something I remember when I worked in London, posters staying don't show your phone, and TV ads about leaving things in plain sight. People will steal it if they see it.

Now I was thinking, how about changing those Ads, I mean really. If the police did their job, we would not have so many people walking around who will just jump at the chance to steal something, if people are like that it is because they do not fear what will happen to them when they get caught. There is no fear because they know they will not get caught.

To explain, why not have ads like this.

Scene - Local pub, people drinking having a good time. A man walks in and everyone stops.
 Crowd - Hey Dave they yell, where have you been?
Dave - In  jail.
Crowd -What say the crowd, why?
Dave - Do you remember the last time we went out, we got those burgers and all went home. I stopped to take a piss, and I got caught. Spent 3 weeks in jail, lost my job. All for a piss. It wasn't worth it.
Crowd - Your kidding.
Dave - Nope. Worst thing I ever did.
Voice over - Respect yourself, and others. Be polite, be honest, don't steal, don't do drugs, don't piss in public. Because if you do, its your life.

Now thats just me thinking at 2:49 in the morning, but I think the basic idea is there.

We as the general public should not have to worry about having a nice phone, or leaving a window open. Its those who would take advantage that should worry about what will, and please note I mean "will", happen to them WHEN they get caught.

Only problem you need a police force that actually wants to work, and not the Jack Straw police force staying in to get warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment