Sunday 10 January 2010

Health and Safty

Ok, so here we go. I need someone who is English to explain this one to me because in Canada and the States it is simple, you have 24 hours to clear your walkway, and your drive so the postman can deliver the post, otherwise you get fined, and the local auth will come around and clean it for you and charge you on top of the fine.

It does not matter if you are 80 years old, you must clean your drive, or someone can do it for you, but 24 hours it must be done. Otherwise if someone slips and falls, guess what you get sued when they fall.

Now, in this country you can get sued if you clean your walkway? HOW DOES THAT WORK? I mean its dirty, its your walkway!!

I think I better fall over and sue the council, as I could if I trip on the sidewalk during the summer, so maybe the council should be cleaning their sidewalk!

Is there anyone in this country with a brain?

No comments:

Post a Comment