Friday 1 January 2010

Readers and Blogging

Right, its even later and I figure I will post one more thing, and explain a little about myself.
I have always been interested in Politics, ever since my time in Canada and seeing how it is done there. In Toronto years ago local councillors pretty much had price lists, if you wanted something done, you paid for it, and it got done, or you got the ability to do what you wanted to do, a permit or whatever.

Paying someone to do something is aways a system that works.

Here in the UK, its this "Class" thing. The "working class" or Labour, think that when they get there it is their "right" to take what is on offer, while the Tories, "Upper Class" just take because they always have.

(This is how it was once explained to me, and pretty much it seems to fit, now the question really is, which is worse?)

Well when you take it because you think it is a "Right" then you forget the second half which is "responsibility", and that is to those who put you in that position in the first place. You get high on the power, and you figure your to clever to get caught, and your own kind will never let you down, and well your walking blindly into a big mess.

When you take it because you always have, you again think it is your "Right", and because you have never really had any responsibility, you don't think about it, but you do know one thing, without the little people to step on, your shoes don't get polished, and if you don't have polished shoes, the people at the club will laugh at you and since you don't want that to happen, you better throw the little people a bone once and a while.

Now this may well look like a bit of a late night rant, and it is, but to explain what I am trying to explain, let me say this.

The problem is the "class" system that everyone in this country keeps on bringing up. There isn't one anymore, be it Eton, or Oxford,  they fail and fall just as far as, Joe the plumber or Greg the chippy. Everyone has to earn a crust. The minute that we the people, can stop talking about "class", the better things will get.

Now as for me, well. I don't do class, I don't do school, I don't do anything unless I enjoy it.

I thank you for reading, and for the year of 2010, I promise to watch the blogs, and the news, and do lots more posting, if you promise to comment and suggest and point, and even laugh, at some of the things I type.

Yours Faithfully,
William G. Grace (Yes, I know about the name, and I hate Cricket, 5 day games to finish with a draw/tie, I mean really, flip a coin or something its quicker!)

P.S. - I am a Canadian, and very proud of it. I travel as a Canadian, I write as a Canadian. I am also British, but not overly proud of it. If you want to know why, step back out of your body, and watch any British people abroad, it is always the most embarassing thing you will ever see, and you ask why people hate you? Take a look at yourselves, and you think the Americians are bad, they have nothing on you.

No comments:

Post a Comment