Friday 1 January 2010

Predictions for 2010

Predictions is what this blog is all about, telling the Future History of Great Britian, and as I said before I put enough though into these that I will bet on them.

From what I have been reading, I think there is a possiblity that Gordo might have to fight to stay leader of the party, but since changing the labour leader is something that requires fairy dust (funny pun there for those in the know), and some shoving from behind, it is more than likely that it will amount to nothing, and Gordo will stand a fresh into the election.

Dave is going to have a low key new year, and keep his head down, as it seems everytime he sticks his neck out it happens with facts that do not seem to be 100%, so expect him to let others take the lead and just be the leader, and stand behind everyone while they make the anouncements.

As for Leg over, sorry mister Clegg, he will have the best of the new year, as with the polls showing that Dave doesn't really have it in the bag, and Gordo dealing with all the in fighting, he will be able to get interviewed easily by everyone, and people will see him, and as he is the leader of the third party, the one that has not really had a shot at it, he will pick up the votes he needs to hang the system.

The economy is not going to pick up anytime soon, as prices are going to go up 5%, 2.5 for VAT and 2.5 for the company, lets face it when your in Business you need to make money and the VAT increase gives you the ability to increase your prices. All the big boys are going to do it, again problem is no one will be honest about it.

Expenses is going to run and run, politics is all about the money at the moment, and the current lot do not understand it, and have no chance of understanding it.

To assist everyone in understanding, I give you the following, directly from the Green Book

"The following questions are designed to assist Members in
coming to a decision about whether or not costs incurred are
appropriate to be met from the allowances:
Is this expense genuinely incurred by me in my role as a
Member of Parliament as opposed to my personal capacity?
Is this purchase supporting me in carrying out my
parliamentary duties? Defining parliamentary duties is difficult
but Members may wish to consider (i) the generally accepted
parliamentary functions: the legislative role; the oversight
and accountability role; and the representative role, including
dealing with constituents’ problems and (ii) obligations they
may have, for example as a small employer. Anything which is
done for personal benefit or for electioneering or for the direct
support of a political party will not be part of a Member’s
parliamentary duties.
Does the claim match the purpose of the allowance in question
as set out later in the Green Book?
Could the claim in any way damage the reputation of
Parliament or its Members?
How comfortable do I feel with the knowledge that my claim
will be available to the public under Freedom of Information?"

With the above being mentioned on pages 11, and 12. Not that far to read into a book. We get claims for Gardening, Bath Plugs, DVDs and Candy Bars.

Now in my mind, I would never claim for any of those things, its just not part of my job.

Also, since I would be earning 3 times the average wage, and people on the average wage seem to have nice TVs and DVDs, and some how they also manage to eat, then maybe I should be able to get by with buying my own DVD and candy bar?

No, MPs will never understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment