Monday 15 February 2010

Autism Blog that will be worth Reading...

For those of you who care, and for those of you who do not, I have very close contact with an Autistic 8 year old, she is my Daughter.

I don't talk about it, and like our current crop of keep the family out of it MPs, I just support it and promote it when I can.

http://www.autismpda.org/ - This is the forums that I host.

http://crystaldavidsonengler.blogspot.com/ - This is a fantastic Blog, by some one who understands.

Autism is close to my heart, having been through a very rough childhood, during a time when a child being diagnosed with Autism or dyslexia was just very unlikely to happen.
I sat with child goodie goodies, who offered me nothing, and caused me, and I should think my parents no end of good.

I know I have problems, but for me its been simple, everyone else is wrong and I work through it, noththing ever goes wrong if you put your head down and work, because with you head down you can not see what is coming.

What I would like, and I ask this here, is very simple. I would like a teacher, just one, but more than one would be great, to logon to AutismPDA.org and post something, I would like a teacher to get involved, and offer some advice. They could learn about how to handle autistic children, or how to see things differently.

It can only make you a better teacher, asking questions and finding out how the parents deal with their children, then maybe you might be able to deal with them for the few hours you have them.

Autism - learning to understand should be the first step.

No comments:

Post a Comment